Wednesday, November 2, 2011

So here I am...In Guernsey

I have now been here for a week and a half and have to say that I'm rather enjoying myself :) Its a little serial that Im actually here..and not only that i am here, but that i'm here to stay for a while...that I have move from my the house where I have lived for 21 years, moved away from my parents who still really looked after me, away from friends who I love to spend time with, away from my big sister who  takes me out for tea and cake and always has amazing biscuits in the Ballah house, and away from Steve and Tina..and even though they live an hour away...its still seems unfair that now that Tina lives in England and I don't!! As well as moving away from...big roads, 70mph speed limits and 24 hour shops.

BUT...I know that God has a plan for my life and the path that he has taken me on so far, has led me to the place I am now! On a very small island surrounded by A LOT of water (I hate water), where everyone eats fish (I dont eat fish) and spend the whole summer out on their boats(I HATE WATER)...hmm...I sometimes think that God may have had a little chuckle to himself when he was coming up with this plan....

So how did I get here...It all started in 2008 when I was in college studying childcare...that was the same year that Michelle and Graham Cornwall had three beautiful children. One of the placements that we have to complete is a home placement...and I got placed with the Cornwalls, BUT...I did my home placement at a different time to the rest of the group..at the time I got placed with the Cornwalls, I was meant to be in a special needs placement, however the school that I was going to, was not ready for me, hence doing my home placement first! On my second day with Michelle and the triplets I found out that the family were christians and from that point on I knew that God was really in this!!!  The more we talked that more we found links, we had been to the same churches, we knew some of the same people! BUT i never would have guessed that nearly 4 years down the line I would be living in their home, in a different country (kindof ish..)

There are sooo many more things that I could tell you about, so many things that came together, that slotted in to place, that just made sense, over the 4 years that God most definitely had a hand in!

And so here I am completing an internship with a church in Guernsey, I still have questions, I still dont quite now why I am here...but I do know that this is where God wants me right now!! I mean there has been 4 years of planning and preparation to get me to this place.

I was just talking to someone the other day, about the fact that over the last few years I have been able to hide. For some reason I decided that I did not like to be up the front, leading things, running things, talking in front of people. I often worried about what people would think, what if I got something wrong, didn't do something they way other people thought it should be done, what if people didnt like or agree with what I was saying? But as I was driving my car today to register my car in guernsey and to get a guernsey number plate, I was just thinking about the fact that whilst I have had my UK licence plate I have stood out..people have know that I am not a true Guern!! I felt God say...you might be changing your number plate, so your car will blend in more... But you must not hide anymore!!

So I dont really know what God has in sort for me whilst I am here but I do know that this is where I should be God plan for me, brought me here and I also know that whilst I am here I should not hide or try to blend in but that I should stand up, step out, and speak up!!

There are so many doors that are opening up already I cant wait to see what God has in store!! :)


And just a little side note of things have interested me so far:
         The roads....are TINY!!!
         If you go out at night it is DARK!! there are very few street lights!!
         Shops close!!
         Petrol is cheap!!
         Everyone is soooo chilled!!
         People are friendly!
         By the age of 25 you are married and have atleast one child!
         I can not get home without getting lost...the roads are just so strange you think your going one way and you actually not.
        and lastly it is actually soo nice when your driving along you turn a corner and see the sea!!! I smile everytime!! :)

1 comment:

  1. uhhh that kinda made me cry!!! this is going to be so great!

    ReplyDelete